10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING BEANS
Beans are a considerable source of fiber (pectin, pentosans, hemicellulose, cellulose, and lignin), plant-based protein, calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, and the vitamins thiamine, biotin, niacin, pantothenic acid, and folic acid.
- Studies have shown that the consumption of beans can reduce the risk of heart and coronary diseases, thanks to the soluble fiber that helps lower cholesterol levels, and the folate content that helps lower homocysteine.
- In addition, they contain high levels of antioxidants and phyto-chemicals, which are substances that can prevent chronic diseases such as cancer.
- Beans are foods with a low Glycemic Index (GI), reducing blood glucose peaks after eating. For people with diabetes or at risk for the disease, low-GI foods are good options.
- The fiber content in beans helps delay starch digestion and glucose absorption, resulting in adequate glucose levels.
- People with celiac disease should follow a gluten-free diet. Gluten is a common name for certain proteins in wheat and grains such as rye, barley, these types of foods should be avoided. Beans are an excellent alternative to starch, allowing people with celiac disease to consume adequate amounts of fiber.
- It is an ideal food for vegetarian diets because beans contain a large amount of protein. This nutrient is vital to replace muscle wasting and its deficiency can lead to serious diseases.
BENEFITS OF BEANS FOR YOUR BEAUTY
Beans contain antioxidants that your skin needs to stay healthy.
It is recommended to include beans in your diet if you suffer from eczema, itching, dry skin or skin allergies.
Food is very rich in zinc and iron, but mainly in proteins and biotin, a substance that provides flexibility and helps prevent hair from breaking. In addition, they are also made up of a good amount of iron, which is necessary to prevent hair loss.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO INCLUDE BEANS IN OUR DIET.
Cook the beans in a pressure cooker. The shorter the cooking time, the greater the preservation of the nutrients. Add the salt when the beans are soft, this helps to cook faster.
Note: To avoid flatulence caused by this food, let the beans soak from one night before with a teaspoon of bicarbonate, before cooking, pour the water and add clean water, this helps us digest the beans better.