The health benefits of apples you do not know……by Oluwaseun Bakare
The time has come for you to know all the benefits and properties of the apple so that you know why your mother always recommended you eat it since you were little.
The apple is a super delicious and juicy fruit; contains floury or crunchy pulp. You can find her with green, yellow or red skin. We love this particular fruit because it is super practical since you can take it with you to school or the office.
10 BENEFITS AND PROPERTIES OF THE APPLE
- It contains carbohydrates in the form of sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose, fiber, potassium, vitamin C and flavonoids such as: flavanols, catechins, quercetin, and floridzin, a type of flavonoid that is exclusively found in apples and its derivatives.
- It contributes to the strengthening of the immune system and the reduction of heart diseases , as well as an anti-diabetic effect, due to its ability to limit the absorption of glucose at the intestinal level.
- The phyto-chemicals found in the peel inhibit the development of colon cancer by 43%. It has also been observed that they can reduce lung cancer by 50%.
- The phyto-nutrient quercetin protects the brain from degenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s .
- Eating 2 apples a day can lower LDL ‘bad’ cholesterol by more than 15%.
- Helps fight constipation thanks to soluble and insoluble fiber. So it is great to eat it with the shell.
- It is also good in cases of diarrhea. Eat it boiled without the shell or pureed because it will allow you to retain water, helping to reduce inflammation.
- There are cosmetics made from extracts of stem cells from this fruit, particularly the Swiss apple, used to reduce fine lines and loss of elasticity in the skin. Super!
- Apple cider vinegar is used to add shine and make hair soft. Do you want to try it? Dilute ¼ cup of vinegar and the rest fill it with water, stir and rinse your hair.
10.It is used as a healing agent for mild sunburn. Apply the juice of an apple with olive oil on the affected area and check the results.